Saturday, August 16, 2008

only time...


It’s amazing how the world works. Sometimes what we really need is just TIME, to appreciate the things that we have but had not really took the time to nurture, enjoy, and be glad about. But just like a seed, it didn’t take overnight to make it a useful and fruitful tree. It went through some process. It counted some time. Just like human…whether we like it or not, we will all go through some changes…some phases…to achieve not only our age but growth and purpose.

I used to think that life is so unfair (well, it is sometimes, but it really depends on how we perceive things going our way) but the truth is, it isn’t THAT much.
I used to cry over things that didn’t work my way, but I’ve realized that I could have just let other things passed as there are things beyond my control.
I used to pity myself and sulk in sadness and isolation when people started to bully me, criticize me, and do all those scheme or mean things just to pull me down, when I could have just shrugged it off and proceed with my everyday, unaffected. By isolating myself I even deprived myself to enjoy life and enjoy the company of people who value me and whom I value. I could have just focused on the things which are more important than spending time thinking and finding answers as to why other people are like that. The answer is simply because everyone is different in many ways and for many reasons. I should not also fear what has yet to happen. If there are things to take away in ourselves, it should be fears, anxiety and other negative thoughts as these things hamper our way to growth and success. As the saying goes “There is always a sense in traveling light…” those things, on the other hand, make our travel very heavy.
I used to decide on things (involving my life) which should be decided FOR my self alone, but ended up for other people.
What other people would say usually get into nerves. I let those nasty things affected and influenced my life only to realized later in life that people will always have something to say to anything, to everything and to everyone-Good or Bad or both. What we are and what we have will matter, relatively, base on the values of the people that we encounter. How well they will treat us, sometimes, is not about how well we treat them…it will still depend on the kind of upbringing they have and what matters to them.
I used to walk away from the heat when I can’t take it, thinking that I can not let other people to have the luxury to step on me or to win over out of my expense, not even realizing that by leaving, I gave them the way bigger way for their comfort and then there I was – lost in direction.
But at the end it is not who lost the war. The real battle is our own battle towards what we want…towards our purpose. Our foes sometimes could be our friends, same goes with the latter. Never burn any bridges; we never know when we will have the need to cross any. We should always remember to value relationships. Be nice to people, but be sincere. Be nice to yourself and know when to choose your grounds.
There are times that what we want in life, if decided unwisely will turn out the other way around. It is not just all about emotions, sometimes.
To look back in the past is not to regret the things that had been done which should have not done or could have been avoided. Life is to live forward. We only turn back to recollect lessons and not to live in the past. As everyone’s path (should be) is toward perfection (or perhaps a word similar or close to that), it only means that nobody is perfect. Imperfection is not an excuse to justify our mistake but rather an acceptance of the fact that we are not perfect and that acknowledgment is a step towards growth.
As we mature we become wiser, unless we stopped growing and only continue aging. Everyday is an opportunity to learn. Life’s profoundness brings burden and complexities to the unwise but a brighter smile, sharper mind and a stronger faith to the so called wise.
It is a continuous process to comprehend life. It doesn’t end in one or more chapters for you to be able to fully understand the story and to get the message behind. For as long as we have it and for as long as we don’t give up living and not merely existing we will find not only lessons but miracles each day…each hour…and each minute that we breathe and it could even be a lot meaningful if we will live life to the fullest.

0 comments: