Tuesday, February 12, 2008

in pursuit of truth

"...I would admit, I guess, in public and to the nation...There are certain things I did in my life that, I guess, upon reflection I would lose some respect to myself. But all the remaining respect I have in myself, I don't want to lose.....I'd like whatever respect I have in myself, to keep it. If I will go along this NBN, I guess I'm going to lose it all...I'm afraid I'm going to lose my soul..."
- Rodolfo "Jun" Lozada


***********************************************
This particular statement of Mr. Lozada struck me..Perhaps, made me ponder. For us all, we tend to question first the credibility of a person before buying whatever will come out from his mouth. Trustworthiness is indeed important. Credibility is what you call it. And when a person doesn't have it....we always have reservations...or maybe doubts....and even sometimes, our ears are already closed just before the person could utter a word. But what about when the person who can show us light is someone who in the past have been in the dark...will this person can never have a chance to lead us? Does a person who have sank in the mud will never have a chance to be clean?
Lozada, is no saint...as admitted by him. He submitted himself for inquiries despite the threats...despite the fears. He presented himself not as a saint, but someone from the dark who finally saw the light and risking his life to show everyone, or perhaps the nation, the TRUTH...
I commend the person, for taking the courage. And though, I have seen him crying, shaking and expressing his emotions several times in the television....but, for me, I still see him as a very strong man. It is as if his fears made him the strong person he is now. He conquered and risked the danger that might be awaiting him....only for the nation to know the truth. In public, he has unclothed himself...brave enough to admit his misdeeds in the past. His life, after this controversy, will never be the same...but he care less and it is as if he is already in the battle and there's no turning back. Armed with truth and with God's presence....a man such as Lozada, will win not only the battle but also the war.
..Real courage is facing what we know we can not...

0 comments: