Monday, October 27, 2008

Bike



Last Saturday my family went to Pink Sister's Church at Tagaytay. With us, are two kids(relatives), a neighbor(also a kid) and my sister's friend. The said church is quite famous for the prayers/petitions that devotees would write in a piece of paper( which is provided by the church) and drop in a petition box. These prayers or wishes would then be prayed by the pink sisters. Since Aira is just 5 years old, she could not write yet so I asked her to ask her ninang (my sister) to write down her wishes, since at that time I was concentrating on mine.

So she went to her ninang and said, " Ninang sulat mo ko".
My sister got a paper and a pen to write down the wish of her inaanak.
Then my sister asked her what was her wish or prayer to God.
Aira said instantaneously," Gusto ko ng bike na pink, bibigay ng ninang ko sa pasko".
and even reminded her "lagay mo pangalan ko ha" ( as if God would be confused and might give the bike to other kids)
Then my sister laughed ( tamang parinig daw sa kanya yun)....but nonetheless, wrote exactly what Aira had said.

When my sister was telling this anecdote...it made me realized how specific and simple child's wish could be.

Kid's life is simple. Kids ask exactly what they want and are happy when they get it. They cry when they are hurt. They laugh when they are happy. They know that it is bad to lie. They appreciate things and get satisfied easily. It is easier to motivate and encourage them. They hug or kiss you when they like or love you...and they mean it. They are afraid to disobey. They fight with their friends but make peace and forgive easily. They don't nurse grudges. They don't let pride get in the way. It is easier for them to say "i love you", "i like that!", "i don't like that!", and "I'm sorry". They don't complicate things. They are happy despite anything else that is happening.

How simple yet peaceful.

So I then told Aira...her wish will come true. God will give that bike.
She was happy and contended. She's holding on with that promise...with so much confidence that her wish will come true.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

證據 時效