Friday, February 27, 2009

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."


***This is one of my favorite verses in the Bible and has been very helpful to me, especially whenever I am in my weakest moment. This reminds me that God has nothing in store for me but goodness and happiness. Sometimes we need to taste sourness and bitterness for us to be able to appreciate and enjoy "sweetness". I must admit that whenever I encounter things that really test not only my strength and patience but my endurance as well, I cry and whine.
Now that I have, somehow, come to my sense, I am just taking it as an opportunity, rather than shame, to know myself further so that I know where I should start working on with my shortcomings. My faith, hope and the people who loves me, pushes me forward to grow as a person...especially at times when I fall short of maturity.
Sometimes there are really things that need to be prolonged...until we are ready and until we are responsible enough to take charge of it.
But certainly, God has a plan. And His plan may not be what we wanted on the onset but surely it is something that is good and better for us at the end.

0 comments: