Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Dreams

“But there is suffering in life, and there are defeats. No one can avoid them. But it's better to lose some of the battles in the struggles for your dreams than to be defeated without ever knowing what you're fighting for.” - by my favorite author, Paulo Coelho.

" You are a very ambitious person..." said Sir. Atty. Doc (as he is fondly called because he's a Doctor, Professor, Forensic and a lawyer by profession), while reading my handwritting. "...that's why I like you to be my Student...", he continued. That was the only description I remembered when I joined my friends to have a drink with THEIR professor (because that time I was not yet taking the subject -LegMed).

Yes he's right. I am ambitious. Four years ago, I took the greatest risk of pursuing my dream, despite the fact that I knew right then that I don't have the means. I just told myself "God will provide". Just like what Paulo also wrote...When we want something the universe will conspire to help us get it. Indeed, it was true. He provided me everything I needed....sometimes, even more than enough. I used to have it only in my mind. Before it was even in between of hoping it would happen and letting go of what I can not have. Not having anything at all, I told myself that I could not just stare at the moon and wait till it sits right next to me.

Easy...it was not. The process dared me...confronted me with even more challenges....family, work, finances and even at times myself. However, I chose not to give up. It's a decision. Every day that I am there...is a decision. Looking back, some may say I have sacrificed many things....better job opportunities, position, time, money, savings, material possessions...but in my heart there's really no single hint of regret. Those things are temporary. What I have is something I will forever cherish. It's a choice. It is a continuing process of fulfillment, that I will always be grateful for....to myself and to God.

There's no guarantee that I will end it successfully...No wise man can ever assure that. But it does not really matter. It is not the destination...but the journey. For me, I am still a winner (at my own right!).

We are like artist who makes his own painting. The DREAMS are our paints and BELIEVING is the brush that converts the dream into a masterpiece of reality. No matter how our paints look like....it is a masterpiece of its own, because we took the courage to believe....that we can make it a REALITY.

0 comments: