Wednesday, January 23, 2008

John

Yesterday, I had the chance to have a chat with my friend Cai. She's in Vienna working for UNIDO and eversince she left, our communication became very seldom. But thanks to YM!(i just had my access recently)..for connecting us despite the distance. Every time I see her "on line" I get really so enthralled. We were in the middle of our conversation (informing each other of things friends would normally share), when she asked me to read the bible (particularly the book of John). It was an easy decision for me to make with so much eagerness. I mean, who am I to refuse? that's bible! Right away, I surfed in the net. So far, I have only read the first book. I copied the lines that have struck me as I pursued reading John....
If we say that we have no sin, we are false to ourselves and there is nothing true in us.
The man who says, I have knowledge of him, and does not keep his laws, is false, and there is nothing true in him: But in every man who keeps his word, the love of God is made complete.
But if a man has this world's goods, and sees that his brother is in need, and keeps his heart shut against his brother, how is it possible for the love of God to be in him?
There is no fear in love: true love has no room for fear, because where fear is, there is pain; and he who is not free from fear is not complete in love.
And we are certain that if we make any request to him which is right in his eyes, he will give ear to us: And if we are certain that he gives ear to all our requests, we are equally certain that we will get our requests.
When I finished the first book and its five chapters, I've realized that It's more than a pact, which I have consumated with a friend. It is a commitment I have made not only to myself, but to God. Cai, even asked me to share to our friends whatever I would learn, as I go along the book. At first, I thought It would just be easy...interpreting the phrases or the verses and verbalizing it. But then, getting into the verse deeply...Now I know that I have thought wrong. The hardest part is living with His words...keeping His laws, first. There are many things in my life that, I must admit, need total renovation. I have made many mistakes. I had been weak to so many temptations. I failed Him in so many ways. There are so many things I need to repent...many things I need to learn before anything else. In me...there is a need of a complete renewal. A blind can not lead another blind. I want to subscribe to God's wisdom....and when I see the light, I will guide others in order to see that as well. But I know...that would take time.
I am so blessed to have a friend like Cai. I know this is another God's revelation....

0 comments: